Buruwisan Falls is one of the five falls that can be found in the Sierra Madre mountain ranges. The accessibility to the site makes Buruwisan popular. The water cascades from the head of the falls which is about 50 meters high. Its water is very clear and cold, very ideal for swimming and a good way for stress relief.
The area is abundant in green vegetation that adds to the beauty of the falls. It is really amazing and fascinating! You will surely be captivated by its beauty. The sound of the falling water will let you feel a sense of excitement. The area is very calm and peaceful.
A toilet is available in the town center where you can wash and clean up after a long trek on the mountain. Buruwisan Falls can be found in Mt. Romelo, also known as Famy, which is an ideal getaway for hiking. Horses are also available as a mode of transportation on the mounatin. They are for rent for about 300 pesos.
Brgy. Famy, Siniloan, Laguna.
- Bring a lot of food and drinking water for your stay because the price of the food and snacks in the area is very expensive.
- The pathway along the mountain is very muddy and slippery, especially on rainy days, so choose to travel during the dry season.
- Prepare yourself because there are no cellphone signal and electricity in the area.
- El Cielito Inn Sta Rosa
Location : Sta Rosa Tagaytay Road, Santa Rosa, Laguna, Philippines
- Paseo Premiere Hotel
Location : Sta. Rosa Business Park, Santa Rosa, Laguna, Philippines
- The Green Glass Boutique Hotel
Location : Crossing Calamba City, Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
- Tahanan Ni Aling Meding Hotel
Location : Dagatan Boulevard, Sampaloc Lake, San Pablo, Laguna, Philippines
- Rockpoint Hotspring Resort Hotel & Spa
Location : Maria Makiling Hot Springs Village, Purok Uno, Brgy Pansol Calamba City, Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines 4017
How to get there
Here is a list of terminals where you can spot buses offering trips to Laguna.
- Kamias, Quezon City (near Cubao)
- Buendia corner Taft Ave., Manila
From Manila, ride a bus that has a trip going to Sta. Cruz, Laguna. From the terminals in Sta. Cruz, ride a jeep going to Siniloan.