Ang Pagtaltal is a holy Lenten presentation staged on the hillside of Jordan every Good Friday, patterned to Oberammergau in Southern Bavaria, Germany. It is the final act of the play when Jesus was taken off from the cross and laid on his mother’s lap. Backed up by a strong Christian community, Jordan has registered its first festival in Pagtaltal sa Jordan, Guimaras, a Good Friday spectacle. This saga of the sufferings of Christ is enacted with intense spirituality, religious realism, theatrical color, and mass appeal that outclass other presentation of similar flavor. The ever increasing throng of spectators, both local and foreign, who brave the summer heat to witness Pagtaltal is a proof of its popularity. Pagtaltal should be on everyone’s Holy Week schedule.
Ang Pagtaltal sa Guimaras is also a procession of flagellants and devotees in biblical attire that ends in the Balaan Bukid Shrine. It is a reenactment of Jesus Christ's sufferings on the way to Calvary.
Where to Stay
- Shirven Hotel - San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Pine Haven Hotel - Islander Village, San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Small Wings Pension Inn - San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Miewa Pension House - Mclain, Buenavista, Guimaras
- OLP-Trappist Monastery Guest House - San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Guisi Heritage Cottage - Dolores, Nueva Valencia, Guimaras
Where to Dine
- NVDS Refreshment/ Tita Nels Refreshment - Mclain, Buenavista, Guimaras
- Gladys Refreshment (Carinderia & Videoke) - Rizal, Jordan
- Paul and Michelle Kitchenette - Rizal, Jordan
- Toms Place Bar and Refreshment - Hoskyn, Jordan
- Dans Batchoy - Rizal & San Miguel, Jordan
Where to Shop
- OLP-Trappist Monastery - San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras.
- Guimaras Trade & Information Center - Pasalubong Center, Provincial Capitol, San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Enterprise (Contemplative Outreach to the Poor, Inc.) - The Old Site, San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Guimaras Best Pasalubong Center - New Site, San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Genned-Up Pasalubong Center - New Site, San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
Iloilo City is the gateway to Guimaras. Guimaras can be reached by air and boat from Manila and other origins, via Iloilo City and by pumpboat in Pulupandan, Negros Occidental. The island province is 20-30 minutes by motorboat or ferry boat from Parola, Ortiz, Muelle Loney or Lapuz wharves in Iloilo City. Direct travel to Guimaras is possible by light planes, which can land at the Guimaras Feeder Airport.
Jeepney and tricycles are also available as a mode of transportation when touring the province from one town to another.
Check the Guimaras Official Website for more informations about the transportation schedules and locations.