Nemiranda Arthouse and Gallery
The town of Angono is known for the Higantes Festival and for the admirable artworks of extraordinarily talented artists. It is the hometown of two great National Artists of the Philippines, Carlos “Botong” Francisco for visual arts and Maestro Lucio San Pedro for music, who have inspired generations of artists to create numerous works in varied styles of artistic expressions.
There are a number of art galleries and studios within the town which makes Angono the Art Capital of the Philippines. These are the Blanco Family Museum, Nemiranda Arthouse & Gallery, Tiamson Art Gallery, Ang Nuno Artists Foundation Gallery, Village Artists Gallery, Juban Studios, Vicente Reyes Art Studio, the Second Gallery, and the Angono Ateliers Gallery.
- Nemiranda Arthouse and Gallery, Dona Justa Subd., Angono, Rizal
The gallery houses the collection of the paintings and sculptures of artist Nemiranda and his family, in the style of figurative realism, and of his artworks portraying rural life and folklore art. Also available are lectures, guided tours, and painting workshops.
- Tiamson Art Gallery, 203 Dona Nieves St., Brgy. Sto. Nino, Angono, Rizal
The art gallery houses the various artworks of painter, musician, and transmedia artist Orville DR Tiamson. His style ranges from conventional to new age, and he has experimented in various artistic presentations, including drawings on paper, oil, and acrylic; paintings on canvas; mixed media collages; and constructions, installations, performances, and works on music and sound.
- Ang Nuno Artists Foundation Gallery, Don Francisco St., Dona Justa Subd., Angono, Rizal
This charming restaurant cum art gallery owned by Luzviminda Vocalan, wife of the late artist Perdigon Vocalan, is popular among local and foreign tourists. It offers a hearty welcome to guests and treats them to different kinds of native food and exotic cuisine that have proven to be interesting to patrons.
- Blanco Family Museum, 312 Ibanez St., Sto. Nino, Angono, Rizal
This family of prolific painters welcomes visitors to their private museum housing their vast collection of artworks. The head of the clan, renowned artist Jose D. Blanco, has obviously handed down to his many children his great creativity and talent.
- Vicente Reyes Studio, Dona Aurora St., Brgy. Poblacion, Angono, Rizal
One of the most prolific and talented students of the late National Artist Carlos “Botong” Francisco, Vicente Reyes has his own studio that houses his artworks and masterpieces.
- The province of Rizal is 110 kilometers south of Manila. It is accessible by land transportation from Metro Manila and the neighboring provinces of Southern Tagalog and Central Luzon.
- Buses, varied public utility vehicles and the metro rail system with stations at Crossing/EDSA in Mandaluyong City, Robinson’s Galleria in Ortigas Avenue, Quezon City and Farmer’s Market in Cubao, Quezon City ply the routes to Antipolo, Taytay, Cainta, Binangonan, Angono, Tanay and other towns in Rizal.