Bombon Parish Church is an old church that was constructed by Fray dela Torre; its completion was done by another missionary in the person of Rev. Fr. Jose Ribaya. Noted along with this church is its leaning bell tower which is said to be likened with the leaning tower of Pisa in Italy. According to stories, this leaning structure of the belfry made the townspeople want to destroy it. However, the parish priest insisted his parishioners to leave the tower as it is and continued working on it until it was finished.
The Bombon Parish Church and Leaning Bell Tower is located in Bombon in the province of Camarines Sur.
How to get there
The province of Camarines Sur can be reached by plane within a flying time of 45 minutes. Flights are serviced by the Air Philippines (Pal Express), Zest Air, and Cebu Pacific from Manila to Naga City Airport (the capital of the province). Riding a plane is the quickest way to go to the province.
Aircon and non-aircon buses like PhilTranco, Isarog Bus Co., and Peñafrancia Bus Lines ply daily through the Quirino Highway from Manila to Naga.
--- Once in Naga City, the most common transportation to Bombon are public utility jeepneys. Tricycles and pedicabs are used to move around the municipality and its barangays.
• Tabuco Homestay - 59 Renacimiento Street Tabuco, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• CBD Plaza Hotel - Ninoy & Cory AveCBD 2 Bgy. Triangulo, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Sandton Chalet Boutique Hotel - Victoria Heights, San Agustin Canaman, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Cherrard Apartelle - Husk St. Villa Virginia Subd. Concepcion, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Fish Cove Garden Hotel - 154 Abella Street, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Moraville Motorlodge - Mabolo Drive, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• UR Inn Apartelle - Zone 3 San Vicente, Canaman, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol