Busay Falls, with its staggering height, clear water and unique rock formations, is just one of many natural treasures hidden in the province in Albay.
Busay Falls is located in Malilipot in the province of Albay. It is considered as one of the highest waterfalls in the country because of its seven-tiered cascading white foam. It is estimated to have a vital height of 800 feet from the top. The first catch basin forms below where hundreds of bathers could refresh themselves from the scorching heat of summer. It is accessible only by foot trail.
How to get there
Deep in the heart of Bicol is the Province of Albay. Take the bus, train or plane from Manila.
Albay can be reached by plane through the Legazpi Airport. It is served by Philippine Airlines, Air Philippines and Cebu Pacific flying daily to Legazpi from Manila or vice versa. The approach to Legazpi airport commands a bird's eye view of the majestic Mayon Volcano-Albay's pride. Take the seat nearest the window on the forward section of the aircraft: the wings can get in the way of your view.
Several buses leave Manila daily to Legazpi like Cagsawa Travel and Tours, Inc., Philtranco, Peñafrancia, Amihan (AM) Travel and Tours, Isarog, St. Jude Transit and Goldline Tours, Inc. The terminals are located at the Araneta Center in Cubao and in Ermita, Manila near the Cultural Center of the Philippines. Travel during the day is cool. The lush green scenery is magnificient. Drop by the clean rest areas at the forest reserves of Atimonan in Quezon Province or at the Bicol National Park. The trip is as good as the destination itself.
From the airport of Legazpi, you need to ride a tricycle going to the terminal. Then from the terminal, you can ride a jeepney or van going to Malilipot or bound to the town.
Buses and jeepneys are generally the main mode of transportation for getting around Albay’s destinations. Pedicabs and tricycles are also available for short distance travels. Taxis and rent-a-cars are also available.
Accommodations near the town of Malilipot that can be found in the town of Bacacay, Daraga, Tabaco City and Legazpi City.
• HCG Residence Mansion --Formerly named Residence Mansion located at ZigaAvenue, Tabaco City, Tabaco City - Albay, Bicol
• Avia Inn located at Brgy. Banag, Daraga - Albay, Bicol.
• Balay De La Rama Hotel located at 1542 Banag, Daraga, Daraga - Albay, Bicol.
• Villa Amada Hotel located at Rizal Street Sagpon, Daraga - Albay, Bicol.
• Spring Zone Resort located at Bonga, Bacacay - Albay, Bicol.
• Hotel St. Ellis located at Rizal Street, Legazpi - Albay, Bicol
• The Oriental Hotel Legazpi at Taysan Hill, Sto Nino Village, Legazpi - Albay, Bicol
• Tyche Boutique Hotel at Gov. Forbes corner Rizal Streets, Baybay, Legazpi - Albay