For years, adventurers have flocked to Calapnitan Cave in Camarines Sur to explore and see for their own eyes the many fascinating rock and mineral formations adorning this cave. Adding more mystique of the cave are the resident bats who live here by the thousands.
The Calapnitan Cave contains innumerable stalactites and pillars ranging from massive to extremely delicate. Thousands of bats make their home in this cave. It presents a very extraordinary spectacle. Their presence provides a very good source of guano and phosphate.
The name of the cave is derived from the occupants, the bats.
The cave is located in Libmanan in the province of Camarines Sur.
How to get there
The province of Camarines Sur can be reached by plane within 45 minutes. Flights are serviced by Air Philippines (Pal Express), Zest Air and Cebu Pacific from Manila to Naga City Airport.
Aircon and non-aircon buses from PhilTranco, Isarog Bus Co. and Peñafrancia Bus Lines ply routes daily through Quirino Highway from Manila to Naga.
The town of Libmanan is about 20 kilometers away from Naga City.
Going around the province
Buses, vans and jeepneys are mostly used for traveling outside the city of Naga going to the different towns of Camarines Sur For other municipalities, jeepneys, tricycles and trisikad (manpowered tricycles) are the main form of transportation.
Where to stay
• Euresian Paradise Resort - Zone 2 Balogo Pasacao, Pasacao - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Surfers Paradise Beach Resort - Zone 3a, Caranan, Pasacao - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Kayumanggi Resort - Carolina, Pacol, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Stonehouse Gardens Resort - Zone 5, Brgy Panicuason, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• JoMckayl Apartelle - San Sebastian Street, Isarog Avenue, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Spring Valley Garden Resort - Del Rosario, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Del Rosario, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol - 1010 San Felipe Road, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol