Fort San Andres and Fort Santiago – on two adjacent hills in the rustic town of Romblon, twin Spanish forts were constructed from coral blocks and bricks between 1573 and 1644. They provide a vantage view of the town at 156 feet above sea level. These sentinels of the bygone era once served as protection of the town against Moro raiders and Dutch pirates.
Through the centuries, the remnants of the twin forts have continued to draw the attention of the visitors as they denote the Romblomanon existence and the role he played in history. Today, the San Andres Fort is now the home of Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services (PAGASA) Romblon Observatory, while Fort Santiago is completely covered by soil, grass, and bushes.
Going to Romblon Paradise!
Situated at the center of the archipelago, Romblon links the supply areas of Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. Tugdan Airport in Alcantara, Tablas Island is only less than an hour away from Metro Manila via flights once a week by South East Asian Airlines and three time a week by Zest Airways. Direct ship routes from Manila, as well as the southern Luzon ports of Batangas City and Lucena City, intensify its linkages with industrial CALABARZON region, making the province an ideal location for supply distribution and light manufacturing ventures. The capital town of Romblon and the port town of Odiongan are the province's trade and commercial centers.
Accommodations: By The Sea Resort - Sitio Campong, Brgy. Canyayo, Tablas Island, Romblon, Philippines 5508