It is a 7-hectare monastery for men and women, established in 2000 by Rev. Fr. Florentino Lim, a former Trappist monk and a member of the Sisters of CIHM. It offers a retreat and recollection on a donation basis. They have an outreach program, like tree-planting projects, for the poor (aetas) and reforestation.
Where to Stay
- Shirven Hotel - San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Pine Haven Hotel - Islander Village, San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Small Wings Pension Inn - San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Miewa Pension House - Mclain, Buenavista, Guimaras
- OLP-Trappist Monastery Guest House - San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Guisi Heritage Cottage - Dolores, Nueva Valencia, Guimaras
Where to Dine
- NVDS Refreshment/ Tita Nels Refreshment - Mclain, Buenavista, Guimaras
- Gladys Refreshment (Carinderia & Videoke) - Rizal, Jordan
- Paul and Michelle Kitchenette - Rizal, Jordan
- Toms Place Bar and Refreshment - Hoskyn, Jordan
- Dans Batchoy - Rizal & San Miguel, Jordan
Iloilo City is the gateway to Guimaras. Guimaras can be reached by air and boat from Manila and other origins, via Iloilo City and by pumpboat in Pulupandan, Negros Occidental. The island province is 20-30 minutes by motorboat or ferry boat from Parola, Ortiz, Muelle Loney or Lapuz Wharves in Iloilo City. Direct travel to Guimaras is possible by light planes, which can land at the Guimaras Feeder Airport.
Jeepney and tricycles are also available as a mode of transportation when touring the province from one town to another.
Check the Guimaras Official Website for more informations about the transportation schedules and locations.