Do you remember your childhood days – when you were always craving for baked goods such as crinkles, hopia, and brownies? I remember! Having thought of a popular place in Puerto Princesa – the Baker’s Hill – that sells one of the most delicious baked goods is quite nostalgic. Here is my discovery of this unique destination, that aside from its baked concoctions, it has a lot of fun to offer.
A Success Story of Baker’s Hill
Baker’s Hill started out as a usual bakery and later decided to turn it into a theme park. The owner of the park was not originally born in Puerto Princesa but a tourist who decided to stay in the place and venture this kind of business. Today, the park is one of the must-see destinations in the Puerto Princesa City Tour.
The Baker’s Hill was named that way because it is situated on a hilltop where bakers make yummy pastries and delicacies for visitors. They sell delicious homemade bread and baked goods. The most popular item on sale is the hopia. Aside from the bakery, there are food stalls that sell stuff like specialty drinks and souvenir items.
Disneyland of Palawan
Aside from its popular pastries, Baker’s Hill is known for its theme park that is reminiscent of Disneyland. Visitors will surely love the beautiful park because tons of statues are displays all over the park. There are fiberglass sculptures adapted from popular characters like Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck, and Marilyn Monroe.
Baker’s Hill Palawan is indeed a slice of paradise. Come and discover this place as there is just so much to see and appreciate here.
How to Get There
Baker’s Hill is located on Mitra Road, Barangay Sta. Monica, Puerto Princesa City.
From Manila – Puerto Princessa
Philippine Airlines, PAL Express (formerly Air Philippines), Cebu Pacific, and Zest Air have travel routes from Manila to Puerto Princessa (capital of Palawan).
From Rizal Street in Puerto Princesa, take an Irawan-bound jeep and tell the driver to drop you off at the intersection going to Mitra’s Ranch / Baker’s Hill. From the intersection, ride a tricycle going to Baker’s Hill.
Accommodations in Puerto Princesa:
• Isla Arena Turtle Sanctuary Resort - Isla Arena, Narra, Narra, Palawan, Philippines
• Sunlight Guest Hotel - Malvar Street, Barangay Tagumpay, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines 5300
• Microtel Hotels & Resorts Puerto Princesa Palawan - San Manuel, Emerald Playa, Puerto Princesa, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines 5300
• Hotel Fleuris Palawan - Lacao Street, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines 5300
• Hotel Centro Palawan - San Pedro National Highway, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines 5300
• Dos Palmas Island Resort and Spa - Arreceffi Island Resort Honda Bay, Honda Bay, Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines
• A&A Plaza Hotel - National Highway cor Wescom Road, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines
• Palm Bay Resort - Lot 240A, Barangay Simpocan, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines 5300
• Princess Armicha Pension House - Fernandez St. corner Dacuan Rd., Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines 5300