The province of Catanduanes is home to Dororian Falls, a natural wonder that has drawn thousands of people because of its stunning beauty and graceful power.
Situated close to the falls is a resort that was partially developed by the local government. It has cascading waterfalls and unspoiled vegetation where interesting wildlife abound. There are picnic areas and sheds for swimmers and visitors. Dororian falls and rapids are ideal places for retreats and excursions during the summer months. The cascading waterfall is surrounded by lush vegetation and forests. Unspoiled wildlife brims around the site; an ideal place for picnic activities, hiking and mountain climbing.
Dororian Falls is located at Gigmoto, Catanduanes.
List of Accommodations
- Catanduanes Midtown Inn - San Jose, Virac, Catanduanes
- Marem Pension House - Sta. Cruz, Virac, Catanduanes
- Kemji Resort and Restaurant - San Isidro Village, Virac, Catanduanes
- Rakdell Inn - San Pedro, Virac, Catanduanes
- Rhaj Apartelle and Executive Inn - Rizal Avenue, Gogon, Virac, Catanduanes
- Terrazas de Ponti Mansions - Real Street, Calatagan Proper, Virac, Catanduanes
- JM Pension House - Gogon, Virac, Catanduanes
- Villa Tolledo Travel Lodge - Sta. Elena, Virac, Catanduanes
- Monte Verde Lodge - Danicop, Virac, Catanduanes
- Nitto Lodge - Cavinitan, Virac, Catanduanes
- Moonwalk Villa Resort - Moonwalk, Virac, Catanduanes
- Zest Air flies from Manila to Catanduanes and vice versa daily.
- Cebu Pacific flies from Manila to Virac, Catanduanes vice versa every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
By Land and Water
Numerous bus lines operate air-conditioned coaches from Manila to Tabaco, Albay with trips running from 9 to 10 hours. Another option is to take RSL bus from Manila to Catanduanes which has ticketing stations at and pick-up stations at Alabang (near Metropolis) or Ermita (Ground Floor, Trade Center, Padre Faura St.)
From the seaport of Tabaco, hop on either at MV Calixta 2, 4 and 5 or MV Eugene Elson to reach the island of Catanduanes via San Andres or Virac seaport.
Getting Around the Island
Tricycle is the primary mode of transport within the capital town of Virac. PUJs and buses ply from Virac to the different municipalities daily on scheduled time. For the more daring and adventurous, the entire province could be reached by motorcycle.