The town of Antipolo is well renowned as the host of Hinulugang Taktak Falls. This mountain resort has picnic cottages, a swimming pool, and artificial paths and steps to view the surroundings and the waterfalls. The month of May attracts thousands of visitors to watch concerts and plays, along with popular activities in the city such as a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, picnics, shopping for native delicacies, and dining at native restaurants. The tourists will surely enjoy the dip and swim into a cool and clear waterfalls.
The Hinulugang Taktak nowadays is an image of vanishing beauty of nature due to growing population and industrialization of Antipolo City. To maintain its heritage, the local government of Antipolo City adopts an ordinance to restore and re-beautify the falls. Hinulugang Taktak was declared a National Historical Shrine under Republic Act 6964 sponsored by then Congressman Francisco "Komong" Sumulong on September 18, 1990.
Hinulugang Taktak can be found on Taktak Road, Antipolo City.
- Loreland Farm Resort
Location: Sitio Loreland, Barangay San Roque, Antipolo City, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Seven Suites Hotel Observatory
Location: Hollywood Hills Sumulong Highway, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal
Location: Eastridge Avenue, Binangonan, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Villa Jhoana Resort
Location: Ibanez St., Angono, Rizal, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
How to get there
- The province of Rizal is 110 kilometers south of Manila. It is accessible by land transportation from Metro Manila and the neighboring provinces of Southern Tagalog and Central Luzon.
- Buses, various public utility vehicles, and the metro rail system with stations at Crossing/EDSA in Mandaluyong City, Robinson’s Galleria in Ortigas Avenue, Quezon City and Farmer’s Market in Cubao, Quezon City ply the routes to Antipolo, Taytay, Cainta, Binangonan, Angono, Tanay, and other towns in Rizal.
- In touring around the town or from one city to another city, jeepneys and tricycles are available as a mode of transportation.