If you think that Camsur Watersports Complex in Camarines Sur is the only place for wakeboarding, you are mistaken. The DECA Wakeboard Park has risen to prominence and has become one of the premier venues for extreme water sports in the entire country.
Considered to be the biggest wakeboarding facility in the Philippines, DECA Wakeboard Park is a man-made lake located in Barangay Tacunan, Mintal, Davao City. Since it was opened to public in August 28, 2009, the park has been one of the top wakeboarding destination and newest water sports facility in Davao City.
Wakeboarding Experience in DECA
Experience to fly and perform different stunts in the air by trying the adventure of wake boarding. Similar to water skiing, wake boarding involves riding on a board to which both feet are bound while being towed across the water by a boat or cable.
DECA Wakeboard features an overhead cable system that catapults wakeboarders around the facility at varying speeds. Ramps and slides around the lake provides wakeboarders more daring acrobatic challenges and fun at the same time.
For safety measures, lifeguards are always on standby. The riders are strictly required to wear vests and helmets at all times for safety.
How to get there
The DECA Wakeboard Park is about 30 to 45 minutes away from downtown Davao City.
From Manila: By air: Davao City has direct flights to major cities in the Philippines and some Asian cities. The Francisco Bangoy International Airport serves the general area of the city and its surrounding areas. By sea: Davao is connected to Manila by a series of roll-on roll-off or inter-island ferry connection.
Here are some of the near accommodations in DECA Wakeboarding Park if you want to spend overnight or days.
- Davao Eagle Ridge Resort - Upper Ulas, Toril, Davao, Philippines 8000
- Japanese Tunnel Hotel - Hillcrest Subd., Balusong Ext., Matina, Davao City Center, Davao, Philippines 8000
- Sunny Point Hotel & Apartelle - Maa Road, Maa, Davao City Center, Davao, Philippines 8000
- White Mansion - 16-25 Alaminos Street, Rolling Hills Subdivision, Davao City Center, Davao, Philippines 8000
- Domicilio Lorenzo Apartelle - 113 Camia Street, Juna Subdivision, Matina, Ecoland, Davao, Philippines 8000