At the Countryside of Mount Bulusan - Irosin, Sorsogon
Irosin is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Sorsogon, Philippines. It is the only land-locked municipality of the province. The town of Irosin has a lot of attractions to be explored, making it ideal for outdoor activities.
Irosin has many potential tourist spots varying from natural parks, hot and cold springs, inland waters, viewing areas and historical landmarks. The popular tourist attraction in the municipality is the Mateo Hot and Cold Springs Resort, St. Michael Archangel Roman Catholic Church built on top of a hill and the newly operated Guest World Resort and Tourist Inn. The Bolos Crystal Spring and the Valley View Park where eateries, kiosks and parking spaces are in place are rest areas for truckers and travelers plying the Maharlika Highway from the north of Luzon to destinations in the Visayas and Mindanao Islands or vice versa.
Irosin is an ideal site for mountaineering and ecological trekking that is now becoming popular among tourists. The municipality is an entry and exit area to Bulusan Volcano Natural Park, one of the remaining tropical forests in the Bicol Region and declared as a protected area due to its rich biological diversity. Mount Jormajan and the mountain ranges in barangay Cawayan and Tabon-tabon are also mountaineering and ecological trek sites.
A number of tourist accommodations and facilities are present, namely the Mateo Hot and Cold Springs Resort, Guest World Resort and Tourist Inn, Villa Lim Condominium and Saint Michael Lodging House. Several restaurants, snack bars and eateries and fast food stalls are available and found along the main thoroughfares in the central business district and in the Irosin Public Market.
The most common and popular cultural activities and festivals in Irosin are the Santacruzan, village fiestas and the feast day of Saint Michael Archangel, the town’s patron saint. During the annual celebration of the feast day, a series of activities are held starting in the month of August until the end of September, among which are amateur singing contests, sports leagues, agro-industrial trade fair, search for Mutya ng Hin-ay, parade, dancing in the public auditorium and novena, procession of the patron saint and masses at the Catholic church. The Paray Festival a demonstration of thanksgiving by the people of Irosin for the good harvest and the graces received is also held during this period.
Along Maharlika Highway, Barangay Buenavista, Irosin, Sorsogon
Barangay Monbon, Irosin, Sorsogon, Philippines
Mateo Hot & Cold Spring Resort, Barangay Monbon, Irosin, Sorsogon
Barangay Salvacion, Irosin, Sorsogon
List of accommodations in Sorsogon City
- Selvinas Hotel & Restaurant - Maharlika Highway, Pangpang, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Fernandos Hotel - 3799 Rizal Street Piot, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Ingko Hotel Gabao - Gabao San Roque Bacon, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Mayorga Pensione - Pangpang, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Tentyard Hotel - Pangpang - Blk 33 St. Rafael Subdivision, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Carolina's Hotel - Magsaysay Street Cogon, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Villa Isabel Hotel - Flores Street, Burabod, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Santa Clara Park Hotel - Maharlika Highway Pangpang, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Tentyard Hotel - 105 San Juan East District, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Fritz Homestay - 507 Block 21 Executive Village Tugos, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Ingko Hotel Macabog - Macabog Diversion Road, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
From Manila, take a bus ride from Philtranco, Penafrancia Tours, AMA Trans, BLTB, and other bus lines and enjoy the rural scenery in a 12-hour trip. Night and day trips are available from Ali Mall-Cubao and Pasay stations. You can also take a plane ride at the Manila Domestic Airport to Legazpi, then catch a bus ride from Legazpi to Irosin or the connecting bus/jeepney ride from Legazpi to Sorsogon, and then Sorsogon to Irosin.