Cultural Center of the Philippines
Folk Arts Theater is also known as The Tanghalang Francisco Balagtas. It is one of the performance venues of the Cultural Center of the Philipines. This covered proscenium amphitheater is where entertainment such as popular concerts, musicals, and plays are usually staged. It has 8,458 seating capacity in ten sections. The theater takes its name from Francisco Baltazar also known as Francisco Balagtas, in awe to the country's greatest poet. The theater was built in 90 days and was designed by Leandro V. Locsin in 1974.
The building was officially authorized by First Lady Imelda Marcos for the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant in 1974, which was to be held in Manila in the same year.
Here is the list of hotels that can be found in the city of Pasay that offers good service and accommodations for everyone.
- Atrium Hotel Metro Manila - Cor. Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Pasay City
- The Heritage Hotel Manila - Roxas Boulevard corner EDSA, Pasay City
- Mabuhay Manor Pasay City - 2933 Ortigas Street Pasay City
- Copacabana Apartment Hotel - 264 EDSA Extension, Pasay City
- Microtel Mall of Asia Pasay - SM Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City 1308
- Marriott Hotel Manila - Newport City Complex, Pasay City
- Kabayan Hotel Pasay - 2878 Zamora Street corner EDSA Rotonda
- Networld Hotel Manila - Roxas Boulevard corner Sen. Gil Puyat Ave.
- Remington Hotel - Maxims Tower, Resorts World Manila, Newport Boulevard, Newport City, Pasay Airport Area
- Siayan Travellers Inn - Salem Complex Atayde Street cor. Domestic Road Pasay City, Pasay Airport Area
Getting around the city
LRT-1 (Light Rail Transit) is one of the fastest and cheapest mode of transportations to reach the city of Pasay from Manila.
From Monumento Station, the LRT plies to Rizal Avenue Ext. in Caloocan going to the City of Manila all the way up to Pasay City.
Meanwhile, buses, jeepneys, taxis and tricycles are available within the city. These are the common way of transportation used around the city as well as traversing to another city in Metro Manila.