A Magical Sunset Over Mantangale
Mantangale Alibuag Dive Resort is a family-run resort established in 1994. It can be found in the beautiful town of Balingoan in the province of Misamis Oriental, particularly in Barangay Mantangale. It is located about 80 kilometers from Cagayan De Oro.
The vast area of the resort showcases a beautiful seascape along with a view of the South Bohol Sea and the island of Camiguin.
As featured in their Website, the resort offers a wide range of accommodations and facilities that promises to extend to their guests a relaxing and luxurious experience. The 8 climate controlled duplex cottages feature a private veranda, and 4 Executive Suites are nestled on 5.5 hectares of lovingly landscaped grounds planted with lanzones, coconut and other fruit trees as well as flowering shrubs.
Visitors will be welcomed by friendly and attentive staff.
The resort is one of the best house reef dives in Asia. Mantangale is not just any resort. It is something that has to be experienced first-hand.
What to Do and See
From their Website, the resort promises a complete vacation experience:
- Guests will surely enjoy the activities that can be done in the area such as swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, fishing, and many more to try and discover.
- Enjoy staying in air-conditioned rooms with complete beddings, then take a relaxing moment viewing the stunning garden and landscape of the area.
- The resort can also host corporate seminars and team building activities at their fully air-conditioned conference rooms.
- Chill out in the cool water of the pool at the resort. The kiddie pool will surely be enjoyed by the children.
- Do you want to learn how to dive? The resort also conducts PADI dive lessons for those who want to learn.
- Explore the orchid garden that provides fresh flowers that decorate every room and dining table.
- Kids could also enjoy playing at the mini playground of the resort where they can find a tree house as well as a sandy beach and glass bottomed boat for those who love the sea.
- Take the joy of eating at the restaurants that serve both local and international cuisine which are healthy and made with care.
- Be pleased by watching the sunset from the gazebo.
- Divers can also enjoy exploring the surrounding waters. The resort is a PADI accredited facility superbly located to be able to access more than a dozen dive sites in the Northern Mindanao mainland and Camiguin island. The resort also has equipment for diving that are for rent.
- Function Room
- Gazebo Bar
- Swimming Pool
Mantangale Alibuag Dive Resort is approximately 80 kilometers from the Cagayan De Oro (CDO) City Airport which is served by daily flights from NAIA--Manila's International Airport and Cebu City.
Inter-island ferries likewise make regular stops at the Port of CDO. From the airport, you can ride taxis. Please agree on the price beforehand and tell the Cab Driver to take you to Balingoan. The resort is only a few hundred yards down from the Balingoan Pier, on the left side of the National Highway and it has a prominent sign at our entrance way.
The resort can also provide round trip Airport-Resort transfers. Via Manila: The Ninoy Aquino International Airport is serviced by most airlines from the major Asian, Australian, European and USA cities on the west coast. There are flights to Cagayan De Oro City throughout the day. Transfer to the Domestic Airport to catch them.
Via Cebu: The Mactan International Airport reachable via Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Malaysia and several European Cities (via Hong Kong or Singapore).