A huge concrete statue of a farmer riding on a carabao that warmly welcomes the visitors of GAP Farming Orchard and Resort.
Davao City is a very nice place to visit for anyone who wants a temporary escape from the bustling environment of the city. It is crammed with different attractions that continue to satisfy the weary eyes of the traveler and gives much pleasure to them. This quiet but charming city has a lot of great destinations that are not yet discovered. GAP Farming Orchard Resort or simple GAP Farm is one of those.
The Must-See GAP Farming
GAP is a ten-hectare mountain resort and orchard that is filled with various fruit bearing trees located in the hilly part of Green Valley, Diversion Road, Ma-a, Davao City. The farm is a popular destination frequented by many tourists to spend leisure time together with their dear and loved ones. Educational tours are also held here where students are taught how to appreciate the importance of the natural resources.
One of the main attractions in Gap Farm is the huge marble imprint of the phrase "Land of Promise" set on its vast lawn, which is easily visible while on-board an airplane. Tropical trees and fruits, exotic flowers, plants, and colorful flora and fauna are the main things that you will notice in the farm. Other landmarks of the farm are the old World War II Japanese carved tunnel, a Santo Niño chapel, Mother of Perpetual Help, and mystical statues scattered throughout the farm. Some of the mystical statues are our national heroes, Juan Tamad – a popular Filipino folklore character that depicts the consequences of laziness, and mystical folklore creatures in the Philippines like the white lady, "tikbalang" (half man-half horse), and "kapre" (smoking giant).
GAP Farming Orchard Resort has also an Olympic-size swimming pool where visitors can have a refreshing dip. There are also horseback riding facilities, tables for picnics, and a campsite as well.
How to get to GAP Farming Orchard Resort
GAP Farm is located in the hilly part of Green Valley, Diversion Road, Ma-a, Davao City, and is about 15 minute drive from downtown Davao City.
If you are planning to visit GAP Farming Orchard Resort and spend overnight or days, here are some of the near accommodations in the city.
- Sunny Point Hotel & Apartelle - Maa Road, Maa, Davao City Center, Davao, Philippines 8000
- Anisabel Suites - 888 FS Dizon Road, Bacaca, Davao City Center, Davao, Philippines
- Green Heights Business & Convention Center - Philippine-Japan Hi-way Diversion Road, Buhangin, Davao City Center, Davao, Philippines
- White Mansion - 16-25 Alaminos Street, Rolling Hills Subdivision, Davao City Center, Davao, Philippines 8000
- Orange Grove Hotel - 123 Crossing Buhangin, Davao City Center, Davao, Philippines 8000
- Ponce Suites Gallery Hotel - Road 384 Dona Vicente Village, Bajada, Davao City Center, Davao, Philippines 8000
- Casa Ruby Bed & Breakfast - 35 Telstar Corner Mabini Street, Dona Vicenta Village, Davao City Center, Davao, Philippines 8000