Guimaras is an island province of the Philippines located in the Western Visayas region. Its capital is Jordan. Among the smallest provinces, the island is located in the Panay Gulf, between the islands of Panay and Negros. To the northwest is the province of Iloilo and to the southeast is Negros Occidental. The province is blessed to have a number of beautiful islets with white sand beaches and sanctuaries.
- Ave Maria Islet
Location: Lawi, Jordan, Guimaras
It is a white sand beach islet located in front of Sitio Lusay where the Marine Reserve Area of Jordan is located. There are no available overnight cottages or picnic huts in this area. This place is good for excursion, swimming, and snorkeling.
- Gallopa’s Beach
Location: Tando, Nueva Valencia, Guimaras
The area is ideal for family, groups, and friends but it can't accommodate an overnight stay because there are no available overnight cottages for visitors.
- Marine Reserved Area
Location: Sitio Lusay, Lawi, Jordan, Guimaras
It is located in the beach area of Barangay Lawi. It is a municipality’s project for the preservation of endangered species. The sea turtles or pawikan, after being hatched, are cared for in the aquarium-nursery and after a few months are released into the sea. The fully-grown turtles periodically return to the beach during mating season and lay their eggs in the sand.
- Sea Turtle Temporary Feeding and Caring Station
Location: Lawi, Jordan, Guimaras
It is a community project managed by the Barangay Lawi Tourism Council. It aims to preserve the endangered Olive Ridley and Hawksbill sea turtles or pawikan that are nesting on the beach area of Barangay Lawi. It is a floating cage of sea turtles when people could view and touch these amazing creatures. They are tagged and released into the sea after a few months or a year. The station accepts donation from visitors for maintenance purposes.
- Tiniguiban Islet (Pulang Pasayan)
Location: Pandaraonan, Nueva Valencia, Guimaras
This is a 1,544-square-meter islet right in front of SEAFDEC Igang Marine Substation. This is where rare red shrimps may make an appearance in the pool during high tide. The beach is good for swimming and snorkeling. There are no available overnight cottages.
- Tatlong Pulo Islet and Beach
Location: Sinapsapan, Jordan, Guimaras
An islets that boast its lush, greenery, white sand beaches, private coves, rich and colorful marine, life and unique inland terrain. There are no available overnight cottages.
- La Puerta Al Paraizo
Guimaras is not only home to sweetest mangoes but to the one of the popular resorts - La Puerta El Paraiso located in Brgy. San Roque, Nueva Valencia, Guimaras. It is private resort where one can spend leisure time and an escape to the bustling and terrible environ of the city.
- Alubihod Beach
Location: Nueva Valencia, Guimaras
The beach is a popular weekend destinations in Nueva Valencia Guimaras. Alubihod boasts of white powdery sand, and clear waters. Locals would often troop in resorts lined up along this area.
Where to Stay
- Shirven Hotel - San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Pine Haven Hotel - Islander Village, San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Small Wings Pension Inn - San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Miewa Pension House - Mclain, Buenavista, Guimaras
- OLP-Trappist Monastery Guest House - San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Guisi Heritage Cottage - Dolores, Nueva Valencia, Guimaras
Where to Dine
- NVDS Refreshment/ Tita Nels Refreshment - Mclain, Buenavista, Guimaras
- Gladys Refreshment (Carinderia & Videoke) - Rizal, Jordan
- Paul and Michelle Kitchenette - Rizal, Jordan
- Toms Place Bar and Refreshment - Hoskyn, Jordan
- Dans Batchoy - Rizal & San Miguel, Jordan
Where to Shop
- OLP-Trappist Monastery - Located at San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras.
- Guimaras Trade & Information Center - Located at Pasalubong Center, Provincial Capitol, San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Enterprise (Contemplative Outreach to the Poor, Inc.) - Located at the Old Site, San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Guimaras Best Pasalubong Center - Located at New Site, San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
- Genned-Up Pasalubong Center - Located at New Site, San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras
Iloilo City is the gateway to Guimaras. Guimaras can be reached by air and boat from Manila and other origins, via Iloilo City and by pumpboat in Pulupandan, Negros Occidental. The island province is 20-30 minutes by motorboat or ferry boat from Parola, Ortiz, Muelle Loney or Lapuz Wharves in Iloilo City. Direct travel to Guimaras is possible by light planes, which can land at the Guimaras Feeder Airport.
Jeepney and tricycles are also available as a mode of transportation when touring the province from one town to another.
Check the Guimaras Official Website for more informations about the transportation schedules and locations.