The tranquil place of Higatangan Island is situated in Naval, Biliran.
Higatangan Island is very famous for its long sandbar which extends about 200 meters to the serene sea. Aside from it, the place offers a multitude of little things that will surely delight you.
- various sizes and shapes of copious coral reef under the sea
- colorful, exotic, and gigantic clam shells
- different formations of stones crafted by nature’s own hands
- refreshing breezes from the sea, and
- various kinds of fish, like big tambakol or skipjack tuna
Also, the island is surrounded by coconut trees that are gently swaying in the wind. Fresh buko juice and salads definitely awaits you!
The Higatangan Island has its very short historical background concerning the Marcos Hill located not so far in the island.
The Marcos Hill is known as the temporarily protection of former president Marcos when he was sought by the Japanese forces during World War II.
- Scuba diving
- Water polo
- Photo ops