Palawan, one of the favorable destinations of adventurers and nature lovers, is host to several of the most attractive beaches, landscape, caves, waterfalls, and rainforests in the country. From its well-known El Nido Island, Honda Bay is one of the most breathtaking places in Palawan and has been known to be one of the best dive sites in the Philippines.
Honda Bay is comprised of several islets with shallow reefs enclosed by white sand beaches. Each island at Honda Bay offers different thrills including swimming, snorkeling, and diving. Here are some of the famous islands of Honda Bay!
Pandan Island – the island is one of the known dive sites among the other islands because of its good reefs.
Cowrie and Bat Island – one of the best recognized island of Honda Bay because of the large fruit bats coming out of their holes at sundown for their evening feed.
Snake Island – enclosed by white sand beach and noted for its large and lovely shells. The island is shaped like a snake's tongue which catches the attention of most visitors. It has a sandbar that slithers on the surface of the sea, much like the critter that bears its name.
Lu-Ii Island – the name of the island derived from the word “lulubog-lilitaw”. From its name, the island is visible only during low tide or billed by locals as “floating and sinking island”.
Starfish Island – like the other island, it is surrounded by beaches and the home to a variety of starfish.
Arreceffi Island – it contains one of the luxury resorts in Honda Bay, the Dos Palmas Beach Resort.
Señorita Island – the island is the breeding site of lapu-lapu fish.
Canon and Meara Marina Island are other islands of the bay. They are all great for swimming and snorkeling.
How to Get There!
From Manila – Puerto Princesa: Philippine Airlines, PAL Express (formerly Air Philippines), Cebu Pacific, and Zest Air have travel routes from Manila to Puerto Princessa (capital of Palawan).
Honda Bay is a bay on the eastern shore of the island of Palawan near Sta. Lourdes Tagbanua, Puerto Princesa City. Sta. Lourdes wharf is 25 minutes away by hired tricycle or jeepney. A pump boat ride from the wharf to the different islands is from 15 to 50 minutes.
The fastest way to reach Honda Bay is via Barrio Tagburos. Just thirty minutes north of the City proper, hop into a boat and go island hopping at Honda Bay.
Hotels near Honda Bay
• Dos Palmas Island Resort and Spa - Arreceffi Island Resort Honda Bay, Honda Bay, Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines
• Nitivos Beach Resort - Kilometer 59, Barangay San Rafael, Honda Bay, Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines
• Microtel Hotels & Resorts Puerto Princesa Palawan - San Manuel, Emerald Playa, Puerto Princesa, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines 5300
• Aloha Bed and Breakfast - Mitra Road, Sta. Monica (near Baker's Hill), Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines
• Nikos Cabanas Resort - Rodriquez Road, Barangay San Jose, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines 5300
• Leslie's Palawan Tropical Hotel, Resort and Restaurant - Brgy. Santa Monica, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines 5300
• Angela's Pool Resort - Purok Matapat, Barangay San Jose, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines 5300
• People's Guesthouse - San Manuel Road, (beside San Manuel Elementary School) , Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines 5300
• Villa Manuel Tourist Inn - 777 Dr. Eliazar Rivera Road II, Barangay San Manuel, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines
• Puerto Bed & Breakfast - Solid Road, San Manuel, Puerto Princesa Town Proper, Palawan, Philippines