The Kawayan Farm was established in 1980 by Mr. Domingo Alfonso in Halayhayin, Pililla, Rizal, purposely for reforestation and prevention of soil erosion in the area. Since then, Mr. Alfonso has conducted extensive research about bamboo and he found out other valuable products that can be produced from bamboos aside from raw material for nipa houses and furnitures. He also extended his knowledge, especially in producing rootstock of bamboo, to other bamboo producers and farmers.
The farm supplies bamboos to fishpen operators in Laguna de Bay. Other products like furnitures are supplied to a department store in Metro Manila. The location of the farm overlooks the lovely view of Laguna de Bay and has a restaurant where travelers can stop by, take a short break, enjoy the food, and relax in the cool soothing climate of the place.
- Loreland Farm Resort
Location: Sitio Loreland, Barangay San Roque, Antipolo City, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Seven Suites Hotel Observatory
Location: Hollywood Hills Sumulong Highway, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal
Location: Eastridge Avenue, Binangonan, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Villa Jhoana Resort
Location: Ibanez St., Angono, Rizal, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
How to get there
- The province of Rizal is 110 kilometers south of Manila. It is accessible by land transportation from Metro Manila and the neighboring provinces of Southern Tagalog and Central Luzon.
- Buses, various public utility vehicles and the metro rail system with stations at Crossing/EDSA in Mandaluyong City, Robinson’s Galleria in Ortigas Avenue, Quezon City and Farmer’s Market in Cubao, Quezon City ply the routes to Antipolo, Taytay, Cainta, Binangonan, Angono, Tanay, and other towns in Rizal.
- In touring around the town or from one city to another city, jeepneys and tricycles are available as a mode of transportation.