It covers a total area of 175 hectares along the coasts of Las Piñas and Parañaque. It consists of around 30 hectares of 8 species of mangroves and 113 hectares of mudflats. These mangroves and mudflats are roasting and feeding grounds for 27 species of threatened rare and uncommon water birds. Around 5,000 individuals of migratory birds had been observed in the area in the 2004 census of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) and the Wild Bird Club of the Philippines (WBCP).
The area was declared as critical habitat based on the findings of DENR that it harbors a diverse species of birds, both migratory and residents.
List of accommodations in Parañaque
- 188 Residence Inn - Doña Soledad Avenue, Better Living Subdivision, Don Bosco
- Carlston Hotel - Airport Road, Baclaran
- Casa Joaquin Bed and Breakfast - Caliraya Drive, Marian Lakeview Park, San Martin de Porres
- Chateau Elysee - Doña Soledad Avenue Extension, Bicutan
- Colors Hotel - Riverwiew Compound, Quirino Avenue, Tambo
- El Grande Hometel Inn - El Grande Avenue, BF Homes
- Happy Coconuts Hostel - El Grande Avenue, BF Homes
- Isabelle Garden Hotel and Suites - E. Rodriguez Avenue, Moonwalk
- Manila Airport Hotel - PAL Drive, Airplane Village, NAIA Terminal I Complex, Vitalez
- Nichols Airport Hotel - Quirino Avenue, Baclaran (near Tambo)
- Oyster Plaza Hotel - Ninoy Aquino Avenue corner Kabihasnan Road, Sucat
- Rodello's Bed and Breakfast - Armstrong Avenue (Moonwalk Access Road), Moonwalk Village Phase I, Moonwalk
- Savannah Resort Hotel - El Grande Avenue, BF Homes
- Southland Apartelle Hotel - A. Aguirre Avenue corner Jerusalem Street, BF Homes
- Villa Carolina Townhouse Hotel - Roxas Boulevard corner Bayview Drive, Tambo
Parañaque is served by the LRT-1 (via Baclaran Station, which is located in Pasay City) and the PNR (via Bicutan station).
Parañaque is also the location of one of Ninoy Aquino International Airport's terminal. This terminal is Terminal 1 located along Ninoy Aquino Avenue. The flights of major international airlines are located in this terminal.
Parañaque is accessed by these following major roads:
- South Luzon Expressway
- Coastal Road
- Metro Manila Skyway
- Dr. Arcadio Santos Avenue (Sucat Road)
- Carlos P. Garcia Avenue (C-5 South Extension)
- C-6 Road
Busses, jeepneys, taxis and tricycles are available as a mode of transportation inside and outside the Parañaque.