Cebu is known for its colorful history and great attractions. It is noted to be one of the country's top tourist attractions, from historical sites to white sandy beaches and classical museums. One of Cebu's finest is Casa Gorordo Museum.
Casa Gorordo was initially the home of the first Filipino Bishop of Cebu. Now it is restored and owned by the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Incorporated. This museum serves as a display of a typical Filipino home of the 19th century.
It showcases the religious relics, paintings, antique furniture, and other household items. It also displays modern-day art exhibits, ceramics, pottery, and other cultural activities. Also found here are small and life-size statues of saints and other figurines.
The Museum is open from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Tuesday to Sunday. Admission fee is Php 70.00 for foreigners, Php 40.00 for adults, Php 15.00 for college students and Php 10.00 for children (including high school and elementary students).
How to get there
From Manila, there is a daily flight going to Cebu City. From the airport, you can ride a multicab, jeepney, or taxi. Simply ask around for which route to take. They are available 24 hrs and cover most of the nooks and crannies of the city. Just be sure you know what part of the city the jeepney will take you to.
Casa Gorordo Museum is located at 35 Lopez Jaena St. To get there, you need to take a jeepney going to Colon, then drop off to Colon Street Marker and ask locals for the location. Just be sure to ask the driver first before taking the ride if he is going to Casa Gorordo Museum. You can also take a taxi to go directly to the place.
Hotels near to Casa Gorordo Museum
• Castle Peak Hotel - F.Cabahug Cor. pres. Quezon Sts, Villa Aurora, Mabolo, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
• Citi Park Hotel - F Cabahug Street, Kasambagan, Mabolo, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines 6000
• Cityscape Hotel - Ayala Access Road, F. Cabahug Street corner H. Cortes, Subangdaku, Mandaue City, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines 6000
• Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu - Serging Osmena Boulevard Corner Juan Luna Avenue, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines 6000
• Alpa City Suites Hotel - Hernan Cortes Street corner, F. Cabahug Street, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines 6014
• Sugbutel Bed and Bath - Don Alfredo D. Gothong Center, Serging Osmena Blvd., cor. Road East, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines 6000
• Cebu City Marriott Hotel - Cardinal Rosales Ave.,, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines 6000
• Holiday Spa Hotel - Gov. M. Cuenco Avenue, Banilad, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines 6000
• Hotel Pier Cuatro - 3rd Avenue, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines 6000
• Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino - 1 Salinas Drive Lahug, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines 6000