Maasin Cathedral, built in the 17th century, is probably not only the biggest, but also the oldest church in Maasin City. It has been a diocesan seat since 1968. It shares its history with Don Anatalio Gaviola Plaza which is dedicated to a former mayor of Maasin. It still is one of the highly recommended stumping points for tourists as well as for locals.
- Dona Marta Hotel - Tahusan Beach Road Hinunangan
- GV Hotel Maasin (Southern Leyte) - T. Opus Street, Maasin City, Southern Leyte, Samar / Leyte, Philippines
- GV Tower Hotel - Sogod - Osmena Street, Sogod, Leyte
- Maasin Country Lodge - Maasin City
- Verano Pension House - Along Kangleon Street, Barangay Matahan, Maasin City, Southern Leyte
- Southern Comfort Pensionne - Demeterio Street, Barangay Abgao, Maasin City, Southern Leyte
- Jaimee's Hotel - Ibarra Beach, Maasin City, Southern Leyte, Samar / Leyte, Philippines 6600
How to get there
From Manila, tourists can reach Southern Leyte by riding a plane via Tacloban. Local airlines from Manila have trips going to Tacloban - the gateway to Southern Leyte. From Tacloban, take an FX van going to Hinunangan - one of the towns in Southern Leyte.
There are buses from Manila, particularly in Pasay or Cubao, that have direct trips to Hinunangan.