As the province's first museum, Museo de Catanduanes houses the island's historical and cultural heritage. It can be found in the old capitol building of the province situated in Sta. Elena, Virac. Inside the museum, visitors can feel the ambiance of the province's rich culture and the care that the people put in to safeguard and carry on their legacy for future generations.
When visiting the province of Catanduanes, make sure not to miss dropping by their museum so you can revel in the many fascinating facts about the province's history and culture. As one of the best and educational places on the island, it is suited for people who have a keen interest in history, especially reaserchers and students.
The museum showcases different kinds of old materials and memorabilia from the province's colorful past.
List of Accommodations
- Catanduanes Midtown Inn - Address: San Jose, Virac, Catanduanes
- Marem Pension House - Address: Sta. Cruz, Virac, Catanduanes
- Kemji Resort and Restaurant - Address: San Isidro Village, Virac, Catanduanes
- Rakdell Inn - Address: San Pedro, Virac, Catanduanes
- Rhaj Apartelle and Executive Inn - Address: Rizal Avenue, Gogon, Virac, Catanduane
- Terrazas de Ponti Mansions - Address: Real Street, Calatagan Proper, Virac, Catanduanes
- JM Pension House - Address: Gogon, Virac, Catanduanes
- Villa Tolledo Travel Lodge - Address: Sta. Elena, Virac, Catanduanes
- Monte Verde Lodge - Address: Danicop, Virac, Catanduanes
- Nitto Lodge - Address: Cavinitan, Virac, Catanduanes
List of Restaurants
- Jollibee - Address: Virac Center Mall, Sta. Cruz, Virac, Catanduanes
- Virac Food Hauz - Address: M. Arcilla Street, Virac, Catanduanes
- Sea Breeze - Address: Salvacion, Virac, Catanduanes
- Blossoms Restaurant - Address: Rizal Avenue, Virac, Catanduanes
- Cathy's Restaurant- Address: Rawis, Virac, Catanduanes
- Park N' Grill - Address: Eugenio Joson St., Virac, Catanduanes
- Di's Diner- Address: San Roque, Virac, Catanduanes
- Arianne’s Eatery - Address: Rakdell Groundfloor, San Jose, Virac, Catanduanes
- Buddy’s Mami House - Address: Concepcion, Virac, Catanduanes
- Happy Island - Address: Midtown Inn, Virac, Catanduanes
By Air Transport
Catanduanes is served by Asian Spirit. This airline flies direct from Manila to and from Virac daily.
By Land Transport
Air conditioned buses (Philtranco, ESL and Tawtrasco) travel direct from Manila to Virac daily. Other air-conditioned buses can take you from Manila to the Port of Tabaco where a ferry boat can take you across to Virac, Catanduanes.
By Sea Transport
For the more adventurous tourist and sightseeing travelers, Virac is best reached by sea. Two shipping lines - San Pablo Shipping Lines and Star Ferry - set sail from the Port of Tabaco to Virac/San Andres daily.
Getting Around the Island
Tricycle is the primary mode of transport within the capital town of Virac. Jeepneys and buses ply from Virac to the different municipalities daily on schedule time. For the more daring and adventurous, the entire province could be reached by motorcycle.