The Museo del Seminario Conciliar de Nueva Caceres is located in the central pavilion of the Metropolitan Cathedral Compound, occupying rooms which used to be the Administrative offices. On display are materials distributed in four exhibit areas.
The Gallery of Bikolano Ecclesiastics is a showcase of the memorabilia of prominent Bikolano bishops, old scholastic records, a directory of the Bikol clergy, books owned by Jorge Barlin, and archival materials, which all give evidence of the ecclesiastical education of the Bikolanos.
The Ecclesiastical Vessel and Artifacts Room is a mixed collection of liturgical materials: monstrances, chalices, candelabras, and candeleros, retablos, and other pieces - all reminders of the devotions of the past, the Christian heritage of the Filipinos.
The Marian Room is a collection of pictures of the canonical coronation of the Virgin of Peñafrancia in 1924. There are water color paintings of the different Marian images venerated in the different parishes of the Archdiocese of Caceres.
One of the most interesting and significance is the Archaeological Room. The collection of Pre-Christian artifacts consists of Neolithic stone technology unearthed mostly in the Bikol Region such as stone tools, harkcloth heaters, and burial jars and covers which reveal the animistic beliefs of our ancient people. There are iron blades of the Metal Age and stone animals, and crude pottery vessels for cooking. Shell beads, glass beads, and metal bracelets are on display, together with teeth decorated with golden designs of star, flowers, etc. Chinese tradewares from the Tang to Ching dynasties, Aunamese and Sawankalok wares, jarlets, and celadous of all kinds are also included in the display. The collection is owned by Mr. Ermelo N. Almeda, an archeologist and a prominent citizen of Naga City.
The museum was declared a national historical landmark on September 9, 1988. From a humble vocation house of the eighteen century, it has emerged as a center and well-spring of ecclesiastical education in the Bicol Region.
The Museum is located at Metropolitan Cathedral Compound, Naga City, Camarines Sur.
How to Get There
The province of Camarines Sur can be reached by plane within a flying time of 45 minutes. Flights are serviced by the Air Philippines (Pal Express), Zest Air, and Cebu Pacific from Manila to Naga City Airport (the capital of the province). Riding a plane is the quickest way to go to the province.
Aircon and non-aircon buses like PhilTranco, Isarog Bus Co., and Peñafrancia Bus Lines ply daily through the Quirino Highway from Manila to Naga.
Going Around the City
You can roam around Naga City just by foot. If you don't prefer walking, tricycles and jeepneys are the main transportation. Taxis are also available. Trisikad, padyak, or manpowered tricycles are also available in areas that mostly aren't included in jeepneys and tricycles routes.
Buses, vans, and jeepneys are mostly used in traveling outside the city and going to other towns of Camarines Sur. Taxis are available as well, but with double charge or price depending on your negotiation with the driver.
In other municipalities, jeepneys, tricycles, and trisikad are the main transportation as well.
Where to Stay
• Moraville Hotel and Restaurant - Calle Caceres, Dinaga Street, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Crown Hotel - Padre Burgos Street Brgy. San Francisco, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Magic Square Inn - corner Bulusan and Taal Street, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Flamingo Hostel - Maharlika Highway, Concepcion Pequena, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Travel Suite - 45 Almeda Road, San Felipe, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Kayumanggi Resort - Carolina, Pacol, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Stonehouse Gardens Resort - Zone 5, Brgy Panicuason, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• JoMckayl Apartelle - San Sebastian Street, Isarog Avenue, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Spring Valley Garden Resort - Del Rosario, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Del Rosario, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol - 1010 San Felipe Road, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol