Mount Mayon sits at the heart of the province of Albay, and besides blessing the landscape with its exquisite perfect cone, the forces that keep it an active volcano have also given the land numerous natural hot springs that have benefited many with their therapeutic properties. One such spot, Parian Mainit Spring, is a popular swimming and picnic resort in Camalig, Albay. A thermal swimming pool and cottages are also available. The spring is adjacent to the main highway. The locals and the people who have tried the springs for themselves testify to its efficacy in relieving stress, and supposedly, many other ills that harm the body.
How to get there
Deep in the heart of Bicol is the Province of Albay. Take the bus, train, or plane from Manila.
Albay can be reached by plane through the Legazpi Airport. It is served by Philippine Airlines, Air Philippines and Cebu Pacific flying daily to Legazpi from Manila or vice versa. The approach to Legazpi Airport commands a bird's eye view of the majestic Mayon Volcano-Albay's pride. Take the seat nearest the window on the forward section of the aircraft; the wings can get in the way of your view.
Several buses leave Manila daily to Legazpi like Cagsawa Travel and Tours, Inc., Philtranco, Peñafrancia, Amihan (AM) Travel and Tours, Isarog, St. Jude Transit and Goldline Tours, Inc. The terminals are located at the Araneta Center in Cubao and in Ermita, Manila near the Cultural Center of the Philippines. Travel during the day is cool. The lush green scenery is magnificent. Drop by the clean rest areas at the forest reserves of Atimonan in Quezon Province or at the Bicol National Park. The trip is as good as the destination itself.
The town is accessible by any vehicle from Legazpi city. For public transportation you can ride a jeepney that is bound for the town of Camalig.
Buses and jeepneys are generally the main mode of transportation in getting around Albay’s destinations. Pedicabs and tricycles are also available for short distance travels. Taxis and rent-a-cars are also available.
Accommodations near the town of Camalig which can be found in the town of Daraga and in the city of Legazpi and Tabaco.
• Neuhaus Inn - Magayon Drive, Daraga, Legazpi - Albay, Bicol
• Avia Inn - Brgy. Banag, Daraga - Albay
• Balay De La Rama Hotel - 1542 Banag, Daraga, Daraga - Albay
• Villa Amada Hotel - Rizal Street Sagpon, Daraga – Albay
• HCG Residence Mansion - Formerly : Residence Mansion - Ziga Avenue, Tabaco City, Tabaco City – Albay
• Legazpi Airport Hotel - Brgy. 40, Cruzada, Legazpi - Albay, Bicol
• Shell Inn - Purok 7, Arimbay, Legazpi - Albay
• Carlo's Hometel Bed and Breakfast - 719 , Legazpi - Albay, Bicol
• Legazpi Tourist Inn - 3rd Floor V and O Building Quezon Avenue corner Lapu-Lapu Street, Legazpi - Albay