Quipayo Church is another ancient church founded by the Franciscan missionaries who came to Camarines Sur in 1578. Originally, the present parishes of Libmanan, Calabanga, Bombon, and Siruma were under its jurisdiction. The patroness of Quipayo is Our Lady of the Immaculate Concepcion.
The church was constructed in 1616 and made of unique brick. Rare artifacts were excavated at this church and they are now well-displayed in a museum behind the church altar.
The Quipayo Church is a historical landmark located in Calabanga, Camarines Sur.
How to Get There
The province of Camarines Sur can be reached by plane within a flying time of 45 minutes. Flights are serviced by the Air Philippines (Pal Express), Zest Air, and Cebu Pacific from Manila to Naga City Airport (the capital of the province). Riding a plane is the quickest way to go to the province.
Aircon and non-aircon buses like PhilTranco, Isarog Bus Co., and Peñafrancia Bus Lines ply daily through the Quirino Highway from Manila to Naga.
--- From Naga, you can take a jeepney bound for the town of Calabanga.
Buses, vans and jeepneys are mostly used in traveling outside Naga City and going to other towns of Camarines Sur. Taxis are available as well, but with double charge or price depending on your negotiation with the driver.
• Tabuco Homestay - 59 Renacimiento Street Tabuco, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• CBD Plaza Hotel - Ninoy & Cory AveCBD 2 Bgy. Triangulo, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Sandton Chalet Boutique Hotel - Victoria Heights, San Agustin Canaman, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Cherrard Apartelle - Husk St. Villa Virginia Subd. Concepcion, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Fish Cove Garden Hotel - 154 Abella Street, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• Moraville Motorlodge - Mabolo Drive, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol
• UR Inn Apartelle - Zone 3 San Vicente, Canaman, Naga City - Camarines Sur, Bicol