Carabao Island (San Jose) is an island-municipality situated in the province of Romblon. It is situated just 30 minutes away from the resort-island of Boracay and Tablas Island. The island was formerly known as ‘Hambil’ in old manuscripts and later as ‘Isla de Carabao’. Upon reaching Carabao, tourists will see what Boracay was 20 years ago.
It remains one of the unexplored islands in the Philippines, so it is an ideal destination for those who seek a new beach destination. Carabao Island still had a laid back and homey feeling of a province contrast to the crowded Boracay Island.
Tourists and visitors alike will definitely love this place as they experience the best vacation of their life.
There are two beaches located on the island which is perfect for beach bummers, the San Jose Beach (on the main town) and Lanas Beach (on the western coast, facing the Boracay Island). The latter has rough coralline sand while the former has finer white sands and dotted with coconuts.
In Lanas Beach, tourists can enjoy an incredible view of the sunset. Aside from beach bumming, there are many activities to relish in the island. Resorts like Ivy’s Vine Dive Resort and White Beach Dive & Kite Resort provides recreational activities such as windsurfing, biking, kiting and diving.
San Jose or Carabao Island is a wonderful destination that is worth visiting, with its powdery white-sandy beaches, crystalline waters and mystical caves. It is indeed a tropical paradise that has a scenic and breathtaking charm and gives you the tranquility you need.
- The Beach House — Lanas, Carabao Island, Romblon, Philippines; Contact Nos: Sharon (+63)929-481-8275, Marilou (+63)928-339-9086, David +85297641517
- White Beach Dive & Kite Resort — Lanas, Carabao Island, Romblon, Philippines; Contact No: (+63)998-181-6237; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ivy’s Vine Resort — Lanas, Carabao Island, Romblon, Philippines; Contact No: (+63)916-124-6288; Email: email@example.com; Skype: whitebeachdivers
- Nipa Hauz Beach Resort — Lanas Beach, Carabao Island, San Jose, Romblon, Philippines; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Republic of Inobahan Beach Resort — Hambil Beach, Carabao Island, San Jose, Romblon;
How to Get There
By Air — From Manila, take a flight going to Caticlan Airport on Panay Island. Travel time is approximately fifty (50) minutes. From Cebu City, tourists can take a flight going to Tablas, Romblon. Travel time is around fifty (50) minutes.
By Sea — For travelers who are adventurous and wants a romantic way going to Caticlan, one can take a ferry ride from Manilawhich is a seventeen hour ride.
Upon reaching Caticlan (the jump-off point to Boracay Island) there are boats that are available for hire. It will take you to Brgy. Lanas and San Jose town in Carabao Island. Tourists can also take a bangka bound for Brgy. Lanas from White Beach on Boracay Island.