It is known as the Shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage (Nuestra Senora de la Paz y Buen Viaje). History says that this miraculous icon sailed back and forth between Manila and Acapulco during the years of the galleon trade. On several occasions, the Blessed Virgin was credited with saving the Spanish galleons from destruction by pirates and Dutch and British blockades. The safe arrivals of the galleons were attributed to the miraculous powers of the icon. It was on November 26, 1926 that the Blessed Virgin from Acapulco was dedicated by the Archbishop of Manila, Michael O' Doherty. The month of May is a month-long fiesta in Antipolo, when thousands of devotees come to pay homage to Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage.
The church is located in Antipolo City.
- Loreland Farm Resort
Location: Sitio Loreland, Barangay San Roque, Antipolo City, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Seven Suites Hotel Observatory
Location: Hollywood Hills Sumulong Highway, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal
Location: Eastridge Avenue, Binangonan, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Villa Jhoana Resort
Location: Ibanez St., Angono, Rizal, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
How to get there
- The province of Rizal is 110 kilometers south of Manila. It is accessible by land transportation from Metro Manila and the neighboring provinces of Southern Tagalog and Central Luzon.
- Buses, various public utility vehicles, and the metro rail system with stations at Crossing/EDSA in Mandaluyong City, Robinson’s Galleria in Ortigas Avenue, Quezon City and Farmer’s Market in Cubao, Quezon City ply the routes to Antipolo, Taytay, Cainta, Binangonan, Angono, Tanay, and other towns in Rizal.
- In touring around the town or from one city to another city, jeepneys and tricycles are available as a mode of transportation.