Sts. Peter and Paul Church is located at Bauang, La Union and is one of the oldest church in the country. The church was founded in 1580 and was canonically finished on 25 April 1587 by the Augustinian missionaries. The church was damaged during the 1892 earthquake, was restored in 1895 and was damaged again in 1944 while the stone convent was destroyed in 1955. The convent was restored and in its place stands the present Sacred Heart School.
A rectangular four-storey bell tower which has two bells was restored with cement and hollow blocks in 1973 while the interior was painted in 1978. On 16 July 1989, the facade was once again damaged by an earthquake and was later rebuilt.
Trip to La Union
The air conditioned bus firms (Dominion Bus Lines, Philippine Rabbit, Partas, Fariñas, Maria de Leon, and Viron) depart from terminals in Manila every hour. Destinations can either be La Union, Narvacan, Vigan, Laoag or Abra. The City of San Fernando lies 273 km. from Manila, which is about 5 hours by land or 30 minutes by air, and is about an hour’s drive from Baguio City.
List of Accommodations that can be found in San Fernando - the province's capital.
- Oasis Country Resort - Sevilla, San Fernando City, La Union, La Union, Philippines
- Thunderbird Resorts - Poro Point Poro Point Freeport Zone, San Fernando, La Union, La Union, Philippines
- China Sea Beach Resort - China Sea Beach Resort
- Hotel Ariana - Paringao, Bauang, La Union, La Union, Philippines
- Bali Hai Beach Resort - Parungao, Bauang, La Union, La Union, Philippines
- Citylight Hotel - 245 Upper General Luna Road, Baguio City Proper, Baguio / Banaue, Philippines