A travel to Mindanao will never be complete if you don’t have the chance to visit the wealthy island of Agusan Del Sur. The province is abound with natural resources. Its system of waterfalls best describes how gifted the province is. To get you started, here are the loveliest waterfalls in Agusan Del Sur.
• One hidden treasure of the province located in Barangay Mabuhay, Prosperidad, is the Bega Falls. It is a haven for mountain trekkers, adventure lovers, environmentalists, and biodiversity researchers. The three-tiered main falls, twin falls, and turquoise-green pristine waters will surely soothe your weary soul. Press onto the whole length of the river channel and you will be lured into the exotic enchantment of the jungle paradise. Be sure to know your numbers because you will not be counting only one fall but 18 falls, plus the lagoons, cascades, wild flora and fauna, hardwoods and exotic birds, all cradled by a single channel of the Bega River. You can find the Bega Falls by mountain or river trekking from the Barangay proper.
• The Gibong River is the only gateway to Binaba Falls. The river is a stretch of water with a view of unharmed vegetation in its banks. It is also the source of water supply irrigating some 60 square kilometres of rice fields of three municipalities in the province.
• Binaba Falls is nestled in the heart of a jungle-like foot of the mountain, with clear waters emitting from the springs and cascading onto boulders of limestone. The falls offer a very refreshing bath after a fifteen-minute ride on a motor-banca from the mini wharf of Prosperidad town passing along the Gibong River.
• You could have dreamed having gone to paradise at Tugonan Waterfalls in Barangay San Lorenzo of Prosperidad. It has towering trees on its vicinity with wild ornamental plants and orchids hanging on branches. The name was derived from the word "Tugon" meaning a promise. It offers a natural wonder where you will surely promise to come back after a visit.
How to Get There
The major entry point is in Butuan City (74 Kilometers away from Prosperidad); access to the province from Cebu or Manila is essentially the same as the access to its regional capital. The province can only be reached via land transportation through the Davao-Butuan National Highway. Three minor roads also provide access for travelers coming from Tandag, Lianga, Barobo, and Bislig in Surigao Del Sur. One road connects the southwestern part of the province and Asuncion, Davao Del Norte.
• Casa Alburo Hotel & Restaurant – L. Dagani Cor. A. Mortola St., Cabadbaran
• Bai Ding Garden Pensionner – Paduganan St., Brgy. 11, Cabadbaran
• Tubay Mountain Beach Resort – Brgy. La Fraternidad, Cabadbaran
• Secuanda Beach Resort - HotelBrgy. Tolosa, Cabadbaran
• Vinapor Blue Waters(formerly Jurassic Park) - Brgy. Vinapor, Carmen