Situated along the highway going to Batangas with a beautiful view of Taal Lake, the parish of Our Lady of Lourdes is one of the beautiful and elegant structures in Tagaytay that will capture the attention of the tourists upon travelling in the city. It is one of the places that are frequented by many faithful and pilgrims to rejuvenate their spirits and feel closer to God.
The lovely church of Our Lady of Lourdes has a humble façade that has a Statue of Bernadette kneeling in front of Mother Mary in Lourdes, France. The simplicity of the church is best described by its interior and exterior structures. Stepping inside the church, you will notice the yellow light chandeliers that make you feel warm and comfortable while in the church.
Another good thing about the church is the courtyard outside that is home to the grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes. Pilgrims can walk around the grotto and feel the mystical and sacred place. Aside from it, near the grotto is a candle chapel where one can make more wishes and prayers.
There are lots of reasons why people go and visit Tagaytay. But if there is one thing why one should not miss visiting Tagaytay that gives such pleasure, it is the Our Lady of Lourdes. Happy Trip!
If you are planning to visit Our Lady of Lourdes and spend overnight, here are some of the nearest accommodations in the city that you can spend overnight or days.
- Days Hotel Tagaytay - Aguinaldo Hwy Silang Crossing, Aguinaldo Highway, Tagaytay, Philippines
- Tagaytay Country Hotel - Olivarez Plaza, E. Aguinaldo Hi-way, Tagaytay - Calamba Road, Tagaytay, Philippines
- Golden Jade Hotel - Tagaytay Calamba Road, Tagaytay - Calamba Road, Tagaytay, Philippines
- Lee Boutique Hotel - Tagaytay Calamba Road, Barangay San Jose, Tagaytay - Calamba Road, Tagaytay, Philippines
- The Inn at Cliffhouse Tagaytay - Km. 58 Emilio Aguinaldo High-way, Aguinaldo Highway, Tagaytay, Philippines
Tagaytay is about one hour and 15 minutes drive from Manila via the South Luzon Expressway exiting at Santa Rosa, then via Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Road. It can also be reached via the Coastal Road Expressway, then taking the Aguinaldo Highway heading south towards Tagaytay.
By public transportation, there are buses that ply to Tagaytay from Manila on a daily basis. Several bus companies have their terminals in Cubao, EDSA, Pasay City, and at Baclaran, below LRT, Manila.