The Calinawan, Pamitinan, and Mystical Caves, plus other unnamed caves, are among the cave systems in Rizal Province that have a significant contribution in the Philippine history. They were once used as the stronghold of the Filipinos in the revolutions against Spanish, American, and Japanese colonizers. These caves are composed of numerous chambers and winding passages at various levels. They are ornamented with icicle-like crystalline carbonate formations (stalactites) in the ceiling and calcium deposit formations (stalagmite) on the ground, which in nature are formed by the dripping of water through the overlaying limestone from the ceiling or roof of the cave. These formations sometimes resemble human and animal figures. Some caves are also a favorite location for both local and foreign movies, TV series, and commercials.
The Pamitinan Cave was the site where Gat Andres Bonifacio, together with other Katipuneros, declared the First Independence against the Spanish regime. The cave still bears the inscription of Gat Andres Bonifacio and his followers - “Viva La Independencia Filipinas”.
- Loreland Farm Resort
Location: Sitio Loreland, Barangay San Roque, Antipolo City, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Seven Suites Hotel Observatory
Location: Hollywood Hills Sumulong Highway, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal
Location: Eastridge Avenue, Binangonan, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Villa Jhoana Resort
Location: Ibanez St., Angono, Rizal, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
How to get there
- The province of Rizal is 110 kilometers south of Manila. It is accessible by land transportation from Metro Manila and the neighboring provinces of Southern Tagalog and Central Luzon.
- Buses, varied public utility vehicles, and the metro rail system with stations at Crossing/EDSA in Mandaluyong City, Robinson’s Galleria in Ortigas Avenue, Quezon City and Farmer’s Market in Cubao, Quezon City ply the routes to Antipolo, Taytay, Cainta, Binangonan, Angono, Tanay and other towns in Rizal.
- In touring around the town or from one city to another city, jeepneys and tricycles are available as a mode of transportation.