Dalton Pass, also called Balete Pass, is a zigzag road that joins the provinces of Nueva Ecija and Nueva Viscaya, Philippines. It is located at about 3,000 feet above sea level, where Caraballo Sur meets the Sierra Madre. Being the only access between Central Luzon and Cagayan Valley, the pass became the scene of much bloody fighting during the final stages of World War II and bore witness to the death of almost 17,000 Japanese, American, and Filipino soldiers. It has a national shrine that gives honor to General James Dalton II, who died of a sniper's bullet. The shrine and commemorative markers stand by the road’s highest point, which also offers a good view into the headlands. Dalton Pass is likewise the gateway to the Ifugao Rice Terraces.
Here is the list of hotels and resorts that can be found in the province of Nueva Ecija located in Cabanatuan City - one of the towns in Nueva Ecija.
- LA PARILLA HOTEL - Zulueta St., Melencio Corner Cabanatuan City
- VILLAGE INN - Mabini Homesite, Cabanatuan City
- FRED'S APARTELLE - 0728 Victoria Mansions, Bitas, Cabanatuan City
- GREENLAND SUITES - Mampulog, Cabanatuan City
- PRIME RESORT AND HOTEL - Mampulog Bitas, Cabanatuan City
- HUNTER VALLEY PLANTATION & RESORT - Brgy. Cabu, Cabanatuan City
- ACROPOLIS NORTH WATER CAMP & COUNTRY CLUB - Cabanatuan City
Restaurants (Cabanatuan City)
- PLAZA LETICIA
- ARCELI'S RESTAURANT
- DE LUXE RESTAURANT
- VICENTICO'S GRILL
- ALLESANDRA'S RESTAURANT
- CHARCOAL GRILL
- Cafe CRISTINA RESTAURANT
- RETRO BAR & RESTAURANT
- MAX'S RESTAURANT
- CIRCLES BAR AND RESTO
- JOEY'S SNACK HOUSE
Visitors can be reach the province of Nueva Ecija by bus from Manila via Cabanatuan City - a first class town in the province. There are bus lines (The five star, Philippine Rabit, Baliwag, Saulog transit and Victory Liner) that ply the route to Nueva Ecija. Jeepneys and tricycles are available in the province as a common way of transportation around the province.