The beautiful island of Bohol holds a lot of natural wonders that are just waiting to be discovered. Hagakgak Cave is one such spectacle that one should not miss visiting during a vacation in this island paradise.
The Hagakgak Cave is still quite undisturbed. The entrance is a 15-meter wide passage at the base of a sinkhole. This cave is a bit more difficult, and it can be quite wet and muddy inside. To enter, you'll at times have to wriggle yourself through some narrow passages. But once inside, you'll be rewarded with some nice stalactites and stalagmites. This cave is the home of some animals which have adapted to a life underground, such as rare albino crabs of the species sundathelphosa filipina and varieties of fish.
How to get there
From Manila, the trip to Tagbilaran takes about an hour or so by plane. By sea it takes a little over a day. Many buses, jeepneys, and multicabs ply the interior route to and from Tagbilaran City. Vans can also be rented for sightseeing around the province.
- Dao Diamond Hotel and Restaurant - Km. 3, Dao District, Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines 6300\
- Villa Alzhun Tourist Inn and Restaurant - 162 V.P. Inting Street, Mansasa District, Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines
- The Gabriella Bed and Breakfast - Castillo St., Dao District, Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines
- Bohol La Roca Hotel - Graham Avenue, Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines
- Vest Pension House - Tamblot Extension, Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines