Sitio Tulwanan in Barangay Lugdungan is the original settlement of Dipolog's early inhabitants, the Subanons. About 6 kilometers from the city proper and along the Dipolog River, it is where the Subanons used to transport their products to trading posts and markets in the early days. To preserve its historical significance and for the younger generation to see and reflect on their cultural history, the City Government constructed replicas of Subanen houses in the site.
How to get there
All sites in Zamboanga Del Norte can be accessed via Dipolog City:
• By Air: From Manila, Cebu Pacific Air offers daily flights to Dipolog City, the capital of Zamboanga Del Norte. Traveling by air takes approximately an hour.
• By sea: There are ferries that offer transportation from Manila to Dipolog City. These ferries often take the Port of Pulauan in Dapitan City and from there one can take public transportations to get to the neighboring cities. The Strong Republic Nautical Highway (RORO) could also be taken. It takes less than 48 hours to get to Dipolog City.
• By land: Busses of the Rural Transit and the Evergood Trans Industries, Inc. travel to Dipolog city.
From Dipolog Airport, go to the Dipolog Bus terminal. Travel time: 15-20 minutes.Accommodations
• Jardin de La Vina Hotel - 149 Governor Alvarez Avenue, Dipolog / Zamboanga, Philippines 7000
• GV Hotel Dipolog City - Quezon Avenue, Dipolog City, Zamboanga Del Sur, Dipolog / Zamboanga, Philippines
• Top Plaza Hotel - Echavez St.Corner Quezon Avenue, Dipolog / Zamboanga, Philippines 7100