Do you want a different commune with nature? At the foot of one of the hills of Marikina Heights is the World of Butterflies. The elongated structure houses a botanical garden and breeding area for butterflies.
The World of Butterflies offers a view of hundreds of butterflies of different kinds, colors, and sizes. This dynamic living museum is considered as the Philippines largest collection of butterflies and other species.
There are also frogs, caterpillars, and other animals necessary for the food chain of the butterfly that are bred here. If you wish to learn more about the entire life cycle of a butterfly, there is a viewing room on the 2nd floor where you can watch an educational audio-video documentary of the butterfly.
There are a lot of educational trips and excursions to this place because of its natural ambiance. The World of Butterflies is open every day from 8am-5pm (excluding holidays). Entrance fee is P20 for Marikina residents and senior citizens and P40 for everyone else.
Haven of Butterflies
Have a great trip! Godbless...
The World of Butterflies is located at the corner of Champagnat and Gen. Ordonez Streets, Barangay Marikina Heights and right beside Marikina Heights National High School.
Currently, elevated light rail systems run through Marikina City. The first or last station of LRT 2 is Santolan located along Marcos Highway. The station connects to Claro M. Recto Avenue in Manila.
Public transportation within the city, like in most of the urban areas in the Philippines, is facilitated mostly using inexpensive jeepneys and buses. Tricycles (motorbikes with an attached two seater carriage) are the usual transportation used for short distances, while Taxi cabs are used by the upper middle class. The roads are organized around a set of long narrow and circumferential roads that radiate and circle in and around the city.
• EDSA Shangri-la Manila Hotel - 1 Garden Way, Ortigas Centre, Mandaluyong City , Ortigas-Pasig, Manila, Philippines 1650
• Best Western Premier F1 Hotel - 32nd St. Bonifacio Global City, Bonifacio Global City / The Fort, Manila, Philippines
• Oakwood Premier Joy Nostalg Center Manila - 17 ADB Avenue Ortigas Center, Ortigas-Pasig, Manila, Philippines 1600
• The Linden Suites - 37 San Miguel Avenue, Ortigas Center, Ortigas-Pasig, Manila, Philippines 1600
• New Horizon Hotel - 778 Boni Avenue corner EDSA (near boundary of Makati), Mandaluyong, Manila, Philippines 1550