Rev. Fr. Gerry Z. Fillipe Ho, OFM, Memorial Museum was constructed in loving memory of the late founder of the Franciscan Apostolate Sisters. Named after him, the museum was put up for the purpose of perpetuating his memory. Contents of the museum include all the personal belongings of Father Ho such as prayer books, vestments, and other items he used during his lifetime like his pictures, clothes, old shoes and slippers, and his vehicle, a Land Rover 109 WB Station Wagon purchased on August 18, 1970. This was the first vehicle used by the sisters in apostolating in the barrios. The consultant of the Museum is Rev. Fr. Ramon Balanay. A chapel dedicated to Padre Pio also exists in the premises of the museum. It is owned by the Franciscan Apostolate Sisters (FAS). Entering the vicinity of the museum has an entrance fee.
Scenic spots and old buildings near the museum, around the town of Santa Ana:
• Sta. Praxedes
• Angler’s Mecca
• Palaui Island
• Cape Engaño Lighthouse at Punta Verde Point
• White beaches like Anguib Beach and Mapurao Beach
• Gotan mangrove forest and waterfalls
How to Get There
The museum is about 175 kilometers from Tuguegarao City. You can go there by riding a plane or by bus. From Manila, riding a plane will take you about 45 minutes-1 hour to Tuguegarao City. Upon arrival, take a van or jeep bound to Sta. Ana.
If you are going to ride a bus, travel will last around 8-12 hours from Manila to Tuguegarao City. From Tuguegarao City, you can ride a van that passes through Sta. Ana.
• Ivory Hotel and Suites located at Buntun Highway, Tuguegarao, Cagayan Valley / Isabela.
• Villa Blanca Hotel can be found at 13 Pattaui St.Ugac Norte, Tuguegarao, Cagayan Valley / Isabela
• Mango Suites located at 1 Rizal St. corner Balzain Road, Tuguegarao, Cagayan Valley / Isabela