Complementing the natural landscape of wild plants and flowers, the Daranak and Batlag Falls are the favorite summer getaway of both local and foreign tourists, visual artists, photo enthusiasts, and simple nature lovers. These cascading waterfalls are also favorite locations for shooting of local and foreign movies, television ads, and programs, especially fantasy series. Its location is just an hour-and-a-half drive from Manila.
Location: Brgy. Tandang Kutyo, Tanay, Rizal
A favorite shooting area of most local and international movies and advertising outfits in the country.
Daranak Falls nestles quietly at the foot of the Tanay mountains, preserved with natural vegetation and complemented with beautiful waterfalls, ponds, and rivers cascading through elaborate tropical trees and plants. This 14-meter high falls is truly a refreshing site.
Location: Tanay, Rizal
Further up the mountain, a smaller yet enchanting falls called Batlag Falls will transport you to another natural paradise.
Swimming in the cool and flowing water of the falls around a forested vicinity will truly inspire people to preserve and protect nature’s wonders.
- Loreland Farm Resort
Location: Sitio Loreland, Barangay San Roque, Antipolo City, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Seven Suites Hotel Observatory
Location: Hollywood Hills Sumulong Highway, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal
Location: Eastridge Avenue, Binangonan, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
- Villa Jhoana Resort
Location: Ibanez St., Angono, Rizal, Antipolo / Rizal, Manila, Philippines
How to get there
- The province of Rizal is 110 kilometers south of Manila. It is accessible by land transportation from Metro Manila and the neighboring provinces of Southern Tagalog and Central Luzon.
- Buses, various public utility vehicles, and the metro rail system with stations at Crossing/EDSA in Mandaluyong City, Robinson’s Galleria in Ortigas Avenue, Quezon City and Farmer’s Market in Cubao, Quezon City ply the routes to Antipolo, Taytay, Cainta, Binangonan, Angono, Tanay, and other towns in Rizal.
- In touring around the town or from one city to another city, jeepneys and tricycles are available as a mode of transportation.